Deadwood, SD, has been immortalized in fiction and may be best known as the place where "Wild Bill" Hickok was murdered. "It became known for its wild and almost lawless reputation, during which time murder was common, and punishment for murders not always fair and impartial." Source Wikipedia: Many of its historic buildings have been wonderfully restored to their former glory.
We spend the night at the Days Inn, Gillette, Wyoming. Distance covered today - 715 km (444 miles).
- Iowan man on his way to Seattle says, "I've been looking at them on the web since they came out."
- Lady at the Badlands squeaks, " I want to buy one of those! That's my next car!
- rattlesnake warnings at the badlands lookouts
- dozens of prairie dogs digging out after the rain
- a doe and her two fawns stop traffic on HWY 385