Friday, September 30, 2005

One tonne Challenge Driver's Safe Return Home


On August 28th, Keith Hebert set off from Victoria, BC on his cross-country smartcar Odyssey. He returned home yesterday with yet another challenge to face:

"I arrived in Abbotsford tonight at 9 pm.

I was greeted not more than 100 metres from the entrance to my condo by the absolute worst ‘pothole’ I’ve ever taken the car through. Right in the middle of the intersection of Ware Street and Old Yale Road the road had been ripped up - and there was NOT ONE sign put up or any indication of this work having been done. My car may have suffered damage from the 8 inch deep depression I went through - an inspection is now required on the vehicle for sure."

Read details of his journey including fuel consumption report here.

No comments: