Thursday, March 02, 2006

PunchBuggy meets Fishbowl

To Dundas street for shopping. I'm sat in the smart in a strip mall when a little old lady pulls up next to me in a '79 Pacer wagon. She wants to talk so I open the window in the cold. She wants to know all about the smart as her family are urging her to trade in the Pacer for a new smart after all this time. She has a quote for $2000 to fix up the lower bodywork. She tells me she's 78 years of age and that the Pacer has a great engine, just like a Jeep. She giggles when I tell her that the smart does 60 miles to the gallon. We chat for a while and go our separate ways. My only regret is that I didn't have my camera in the car. It was the same model and colour scheme as this one but with spoked wheels and a little rougher around the edges. What a pleasure.

By PunchBuggy

No comments: