Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Have smart, Will Travel: Part 2

The Toronto Sun, Saturday October 29, 2005
By Rich Helms

Since getting my Smart car on Jan 15, 2005, I have visited 13 states and logged 30,000 km, including trips to Cleveland, Ohio; Long Island, N.Y.; Raleigh, N.C.; and Bentonville, Ark. This mileage over the course of nine months may not seem like a lot to people who commute to Toronto from the suburbs, but I live only minutes from my office.

My first trip was to Cleveland, Ohio. It was a nice day and I had the top down. The plan was to meet a business associate at a particular coffee shop. As I pulled in, a woman in a Ford Excursion did a U-turn on a one-way street, nearly causing an accident, in order to see my car. After parking, she ran over and called out, "Where did you get it? I have a poster of this car on my wall. I want one for when I don't need the Excursion." I almost laughed out loud thinking, when does anyone "need" an Excursion? She brushed her hand across the hood of my car, exclaiming that she had now touched one.

Read full article here.

No comments: